What is your passing rate?
Having helped over 800 students, our passing ratio is above 90%.
If I fail do I have to pay for class again?
You can come to class as many times as you need.
How much does the exam cost?
$103. See more at our course overview.
How many questions are on the exam?
What is required to be to become a licensed public adjuster in Illinois?
Candidates must be 18 years of age or older and have legal status in the U.S.
Where do I register for the Illinois public adjuster exam?
Pearson VUE or by phone 800.274.0402
- Illinois Insurance
- View Exams – on right hand side
- PubAdj17 – You can choose English or Spanish version. (I recommend English for all students, since we teach it in English)
- Make an account if you do not already have one
- Log-in and choose from 3 out of 5 locations near you
After I pass my exam how do I obtain my license, what forms to I have to submit?
- Public Adjuster License Application-PA-1 – $250 Fee
- Surety Bond of credit in the amount of $20,000. This can cost roughly $200-$300.
- Written contract
- Fingerprints – License will not be issued until required background check has been completed. BioMetric Impressions is located in our building for your convenience – $60 fee
What is instructor’s experience with Illinois Public Adjusters?
Del Beard has, since early 2012, taught over 800 students, presented over 50 classes, is the originator of Illinois P.A. license-prep classes. He is the designer of the course, author of the textbook and handout materials, and has, for the purposes of staying abreast of the exam questions, sat for the Illinois P.A. license exam more than a dozen times.
What is instructor’s insurance background?
Del Beard has 36 years of experience in the property-casualty industry, including over 15 years with a major insurer, a top-10 commercial broker, plus over 20 years experience designing and presenting insurance courses across the country. In 1995 Del attained the CPCU designation, which stands for Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter – the “CPA” of the property-casualty insurance industry.
Most definitely I’ll be recommending people to Public Adjuster Academy, well done job Del!